Allround blast furnace repair
Based on a large product portfolio of refractories, Seven offers the most integrated approach to blast furnace repairs.
Facts & Figures
Blast furnaces have been at the core of Seven’s activities right from the start, with more than 30 successfully completed projects world-wide in only six years.
Some of our previous repairs are worthy to be mentioned in the Guinness Book of Records:
The most comprehensive repair to date included the hearth, the shaft, the gas up-takes, and the cyclone.
The fastest repair was performed in only five days with robotic shot-creting, reaching a record speed of more than 14 tons per hour.
The prize for the coldest repair project goes to a blast furnace repair at minus 35 degrees.
Entrust us with your blast furnace repair and let us set a record for you.
Seven Blast Furnace Repair Advantages
- Total care of the entire repair project:
Seven combines state-of-the-art material with complete project management. Each project is guided from initial study through all steps of installation. For the repair project, the customer has one single contact interface.
- Complete blast furnace repair competence with flexible solutions
- Repair areas from the hearth to the top
- Partial or total relining
- Manual and robotic shot-creting
- Precasted solutions for staves
- Different technologies of hearth repair
- Repairs of auxiliary units such as hot blast stoves (cowper) and chimneys, gas cleaning systems with cyclones, scrubbers, and so on.
- Integrative approach with own teams or in cooperation with other installation companies, own equipment, on world-wide basis.
- High speed of installation: with short interventions, customers minimize down-time and take the blast furnace back in operation quickly
- Advanced formulation: careful selection and composition of raw materials and additives.
Seven develops, produces, and installs tailor-made materials with enhanced resistance to the specific stress factors in the different furnace sections.
The product portfolio also includes specialties such as silicone carbide-based plastic gunning mixes or chemically bonded grouting masses.
- Return on investment:
Speedy installation leads to obvious savings when unnecessary downtime is avoided.
High-quality and well-planned repairs enables customers to run the furnaces for longer times after the intervention.
Together with the customer, Seven can redefine the geometry of the furnace to improve the performance efficiency and economic output of the blast furnace.
- Post-Installation Customer Service: Each intervention can be analyzed to evaluate efficiency and to improve future scheduled and unscheduled interventions in a continuous improvement cycle.