Preserving the environment
Making the most of scarce resources, preserving the environment, and using energy in an efficient way are the megatrends of our times. Fluctuating prices for fossil fuels, uncertainties about the usage of nuclear power, and the threat of climate change have led to a global rethinking of key questions.
- What are the best sources to provide energy, electricity, and heat?
- How can we regain and maintain economic growth without further damage to the environment?
- And finally, how do we ensure our standard of living for an ever growing population?
Controlled incineration processes under technically optimized circumstances provide one part of the answer.
Well-constructed boilers and modern power plants contribute valuable energy and give their share in an integrated approach to waste management.
The construction of modern, highly developed boilers is a technical challenge. For decades, boiler manufacturers have pushed the limits of technology, increased efficiency rates and allowed for a wide range of fuels.
The heart of the boiler, the fire-chamber, is one of the main components to ensure perfect combustion and optimal performance of the appliance. Boilers are lined with a wide range of high performance refractory lining to ensure smooth operations even in high temperatures and other adverse conditions.
As a response to the world demand of energy, more and more boilers for Power Plants are constructed. Industrialized nations have realized the benefits of local power generation and the use of CO2-neutral, renewable fuels as well as controlled waste incineration.
- Grates fired or stoker type for municipal waste
- Bubbling fluidized beds (BFB)
- Circulating fluidized beds (CFB)
- Pulverized coal fired boilers
- Biomass gasifiers
- Water cooled grates for biomass
- Rotary kiln incinerators
- Waste gas stacks and flares
- LEAF generators (Low emission alternative fuel)
Refractory products used for power incinerators are developed with a range of adverse conditions to be considered:
- Abrasion resistance
- Thermal shock from sudden and large changes in temperature
- Heat transfer
- Resistance against alkali and other chemicals, mainly from the variety of fuels
Aside from the high quality and the proven reliability of our products we can support end users and engineering companies with vast knowledge of the application and technical services.